Dangerous Road Conditions
Cities, towns, municipalities, the state, and the federal government all have responsibility for maintaining the safe condition of roads within their jurisdiction. However, there are a number of times that dangerous road conditions are a direct or contributing factor to automobile, truck, pedestrian, motorcycle, and bicycle accidents. Dangerous roads can be due to any of the following:
- Improper road maintenance: Improper road maintenance can result in potholes or other dangerous conditions that lead to accidents.
- Failure to install traffic control devices: Traffic control devices include stop signs, stoplights, and similar devices.
- Improper speed designation: In some instances the posted speed may be above a safe speed.
- Failure to ensure roadway visibility: It’s important that trees, brush, and other roadside vegetation be properly cared for so that the views of drivers are not obstructed.
- Negligence in roadway design: Sometimes, the design of roadways and intersections are in and of themselves inherently dangerous. For instance, if a driver entering upon a road cannot see oncoming traffic because of a hill or a curve, the design of the road may be dangerous.
Roadway Accidents Caused by Construction Projects
When a roadway construction project is undertaken, the parties responsible for the project must take all adequate precaution to make sure that the roadway is safe during all aspects of construction. Normal precautions include safety cones, barriers, flashing lights, clear detour routes (including lanes for driving on the shoulder of the road) and reduced speed.
With some roadway projects, however, sufficient safety standards are not implemented. Safety cones, barriers, and flashing lights may not be used, or may not be properly working. Detours may not be clear, which may cause confusion for drivers as to how they should proceed.
How We Represent Clients
When it appears that dangerous road conditions may be a factor in causing an accident, we often retain accident reconstructionists, roadway engineers, and/or other professionals to carefully examine all aspects of the roadway conditions. This investigation is in addition to our investigation of the liability of drivers and others.
If you have been involved in an accident that may have been the result of dangerous road conditions, other drivers, or other conditions, our Kent car accident attorneys can help. There is no fee for the initial consultation and there is no obligation to use us. At our meeting we can learn about the facts and circumstances of your case and explain how we may be able to help recover the compensation to which you may be entitled and the litigation process and options for your case.
At Dore Law Group, we provide our services on a contingency fee basis, which means that we only receive a fee if we are able to secure compensation for a client.
Unsafe Hospital Conditions $2.5 Million
Failure to Diagnose Cause of Paralysis $2 Million
Railroad Bulkhead Collapse $1.8 Million
Unsecured Load Injury $1.2 Million
Motorcycle v. Commercial Truck $1.2 Million
Failure to Diagnose Breast Cancer $1 Million