Caution wet floor sign on a wet ground

How Do I Handle a Slip and Fall Accident on Public Property?

If you are injured in a slip-and-fall accident that occurred on public property, you may be wondering what to do next. These accidents can be quite serious, and it is important to take the necessary steps to protect your rights and seek compensation for your injuries. In this blog post, we will discuss some of the steps that you should take after a slip and fall on public property.

Seek Immediate Medical Care

The first step you should take is to seek medical attention immediately. It is important that your injuries are documented and treated properly right away. Even if the injury seems minor at the time, it may develop into something more serious later on.

Collect Evidence

After you have received medical attention, document as much information as possible about the accident before leaving the scene. This includes taking pictures of any hazardous conditions that led to your fall and any injuries you sustained as a result of the fall.

Contact an Experienced Attorney

You should also contact an experienced personal injury lawyer who can help protect your rights and guide you through the legal process. Your lawyer will be able to review all of the evidence related to your case, including witness statements, photographs, and video footage, in order to build a strong case for you.

Contact the Authorities

Finally, it is important to contact the appropriate authorities. Depending on where your accident occurred on public property, this may include a local police department, the fire department, or another government agency responsible for public safety. Be sure to provide them with all of the details related to your accident in order to have an accurate record of what happened.

It is never easy dealing with the aftermath of a slip and fall on public property. However, if you take these necessary steps after an accident, you can help protect your rights and seek compensation for any injuries you suffered as a result of the fall.

We’re Here for Injured Victims

If you’ve suffered injuries in a slip and fall accident on public property, you may be eligible for compensation. Don’t delay—reach out right away to learn more about how we can help.

Give our Kent personal injury attorney at Dore Law Group, PLLC a call today at (253) 236-3888 to discuss your case.


Discuss Your Case Today

Find Out How We Can Help by Calling (253) 236-3888 or Filling Out Our Form Below
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.