Young woman looks out the window in sadness

Is It Possible to Recover Damages for Pain and Suffering After a Car Accident?

Suffering injuries in a car crash can be a devastating and traumatizing event to endure. Sometimes, the psychological impact of a car accident can be even more significant than the physical effects.

If you’ve endured pain and suffering as a result of sustaining injuries in a car accident, it is reasonable to consider whether you can recover compensation for pain and suffering. Read on to learn the answer.

Damages for Pain and Suffering Following a Car Accident

The state of Washington considers damages for pain and suffering as “non-economic damages.” These types of damages are subjective losses that are nonmonetary, including:

  • Mental anguish
  • Disability or disfigurement
  • Emotional distress
  • Loss of consortium
  • Injury to reputation and humiliation

Pure Comparative Fault in Washington

The pure comparative fault rule requires that courts determine a level of fault for all parties involved in an injury-sustaining accident.

This means that if you are determined to be partially at fault for your injuries, the award you receive for your losses will be reduced by the percentage of blame assigned to you.

For instance, if you are determined to be 10% at fault for the injuries you sustained in a car accident, the damages you recover will be reduced by 10%, in accordance with your level of blame.

We Can Help Injured Car Crash Victims

If you’ve been hurt in a car crash through no fault of your own, you may be owed compensation for your losses.

Don’t hesitate to reach out to our highly skilled legal team right away to learn more about what we can do to help with your case. We have helped many others in similar situations, and we are prepared and willing to do everything in our power to help with your situation too.

Give our Kent personal injury attorney at Dore Law Group, PLLC a call today at (253) 236-3888 to discuss your case.


Discuss Your Case Today

Find Out How We Can Help by Calling (253) 236-3888 or Filling Out Our Form Below
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.